Shag Rugs Are Back
Not only are shag rugs cool again, they are also the perfect way to cosy up your home as we head into winter. Although they are traditionally associated with vintage 70s vibes, shag rugs can also be understated and ideal for traditional, minimalist and modern settings. Yes, shag rugs are most definitely back and better than ever. Here's how you can work a shag rug into your current decor and warm up cold feet this winter.
Types of Shag Rug
Shag rugs get their name from their thick, soft pile that gives a beautiful warming underfoot experience. As well as offering comfort, shag rugs are incredibly versatile and hard-wearing. They come in an array of sizes, shapes, colour and fibre lengths, so it is easy to find one to suit almost any design scheme. Some options to choose from include:
- Extra-long shag rugs
- Synthetic shag (for example, heatset polypropylene pile, polyester and microfibre/thin polyester mix pile.
- Ultra-plush shag rugs
- Berber inspired rugs
Shag Rug Ideas
Shag rugs aren't just for the living room. They can be incorporated into almost any space that requires a splash of colour and character. Shag rugs are best used to create zones within rooms rather than to fill a space wall to wall. Here are some ideas you may not have considered.
- Nursery - A shag rug is an easy way to add warmth to a nursery and soften hard floors. Once you start tummy time, baby will appreciate the soft touch, extra cushioning and longer fibres to grab onto. Neutral colours will make it easier for the rug to be incorporated into room re-designs and your child grows.
- Study - Whether you work from home, are studying or need to put in some extra hours in the evening, a cosy shag rug to bury your feet adds a touch of comfort when you need to focus.
- Bedroom - A fuzzy shag rug in the bedroom is always appreciated, especially on those cold winter mornings. Colourful shag rugs can double as play mats for children's bedrooms.
- Hallway - A shag runner provides multiple benefits, cushioning feet, drowning out noise and protecting floors. They can also add a splash of colour or a point of interest to an otherwise dull area of your home.
Rugs Express has a huge range of shag rugs to choose from. You can shop with confidence knowing that if you are unhappy with your rug for any reason you can return it to us within 14 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange.